Identification of the substance
- Product: Humiabsorbent Desiccant available in 1000 grams, 200 grams, 100 grams, 25 grams, 10 grams and 3 grams
- Non flammable solids, liquid or gases.
Information of Ingredients
- Calcium Chloride (min 74%, Food Grade)
- Mineral Clays
- Modified starch with high amylase content
- Maize Starch (Food Grade)
- Polyethylene spunbonded paper
- Polyethylene laminated film
- Heigen polyethylene spun bond
- Not classified as hazardous under the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard.
- Inhalation: Remove to fresh air immediately. Give artificial respiration if breathing has stopped.
- Consult to doctor incase of symptoms.
- Ingestion: If the victim conscious, gives large quantity of drink. Do not induce vomiting. Get medical attention immediately.
- Eyes contact: Rinse with opened eye carefully for 30 minutes under running water. Get medical attention immediately.
- Skin contact: Wash with soap and plenty of water. Get medical attention if irritation or inflammation develops.
- Fighting Media: Dry Chemical, water spray or foam.
- Fire Fighting Procedures: Cool containers that are exposed to flame with water until fire is out. For massive fire in enclosed area, use unmanned house holder or monitor nozzles. If this is impossible withdraw from enclosed area and let fire burn.
Accidental Release Measures
- The powders are normally contained within sealed dustproof pouches.
- Sweep up spillage or waste and collect in containers. Avoid dust, flush clean with water.
- Personal protection: see point 7
Handling, Storage and Transportation Precautions
- Handling: Good industrial hygiene, avoid contact with skin and eyes.
- Storage: Store in original a closed container in dry and well ventilated place.
- Transportation: Not dangerous goods according to transport regulation.
Exposure Controls / Personal protections
Undamaged products can be handled safely without any protection measures.
The powder is contained within sealed dust proof pouches and will not be released during normal use.
In case powder is released:
- Use respirator if heavy dusting
- Use safety glass for eye protection
- Use gloves for hand protection
- Use clothing if necessary for skin protection.
Stability and Reactivity
Stability: stable under normal condition
React with or material to avoid:
- Sulfuric acid: yields hydrogen chloride gas, which is corrosive, irritating and reactive.
- Water reactive material such as sodium: cause an exothermic reaction.
- Methyl vinyl ether: stars runaway polymerization reaction.
- Zinc as in galvanized iron: yields hydrogen gas with solutions, which may explode under these condition.
Hazardous decomposition or by products: Oxides of carbon, addition of alkaline compound, may result ammoniacal compound.
- Inhalation: Dust can cause irritation to the mucous membranes resulting in coughing and difficulty in breathing at high dust concentration.
- Skin Irritation: May cause skin irritation. Prolonged skin irritation may cause redness and blistering.
- Eye Irritation: Dust or splash from concentrated solutions may cause pain and possible even transient damage to eye.
- Ingestion: Ingestion may cause irritation in nose and throat, intestinal ad gastric disturbances.
No ecological restrictions or recommendations on product are available.
Spill or Leak and Disposal Procedure
Notify safety personnel of leaks or spills.
Cleaning personnel need protection against inhalation of dusts or fumes. Eye protection, masker, and rubber glove are required. Place it in appropriate containers for disposal, keeping airborne particulates at minimum. Material is slippery when wet.
Consult applicable local regulation to select the disposal method.
Physical and Chemical Properties of Calcium Chloride
- Physical state: Powder, Colorless, Very hygroscopic, No odor.
- Boiling point (C): 1600
- Melting point (C): 782
- Solubility in water: Freely soluble
- Density (kg/m3): Approx 2510
- R steam density: Very low
- Flash point (C): None
- Ignition temp (C): None
- Ph value: 8 -12 (10% solution)
- Bulk density: 880-1100 kg/m3
DOT Shipping Name : this product is not classified as hazardous for transportation by air, sea, and road freight
SGS test On Dimethyl Fumarate : Pass
SGS test On RoHS : Pass
This information above has been compiled from source which we believe to be reliable. It is intended to describe our products from the point of view of safety requirements and it is not intended to guarantee any particular properties.
Please contact our local offices whether you need to know more about our products or need advice to solve moisture problem on your cargo. Direct contact to email@example.com or fill up the following form and submit